I’ve been asked to make some quick on the go vegan recipes. This meal takes about twenty minutes. And you can eat the bowl! Some of the ingredients are foods bought prepared for a quick cooking time.
- Large Red Pepper (should hold about a cup and a half)
- Pink Himalayan Salt (or fancy schmancy salt with trace minerals)
- 1 TSP of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Olive or Coconut spray (only if you don’t have a non-stick pan)
- 1/2 CUP of Brown Rice (use pre-cooked frozen rice)
- 1 TBSP Roasted Coconut Chips (Trader Joe’s)
Black Beans and Tofu with semi Cuban Sofrito
- 1/2 CUP of Cooked Black Beans (ctry not to get from a can, if you do get BPA lining free; from a carton, is best, which you can buy at Whole Foods or Sprouts)
- 3 TBSP Red Onion
- 1/2 TSP Cumin Powder
- 1/5 of package (86 grams) Extra Firm Tofu
- 3 Sprigs of Cilantro
- 1/4 Small Tomato
- 2 TBSP Pineapple (fresh pre-cut pineapple or from a BPA free can)
- Couple slices of Jalapeno (depending on your heat tastes)
First, cut out the top on your bell pepper with a paring knife. Then pour only 1/2 a TSP of Olive Oil with a sprinkle salt inside. With your fingers rub, the olive oil and salt in the interior of the pepper. Set aside.
In a sauté pan add frozen rice, roasted coconut flakes and add salt to taste. This should cook fairly quickly. Once rice is done place inside the bell pepper.
Next, for beans chop up some red onion and tofu. In the same pan add onions, cumin, tofu and some salt. Let satué for a bit until onions become translucent then add black beans and cook until warm. Add to bell pepper when done.
Lastly, dice up pineapple, cilantro, tomato and jalapeno (I used four small slices). Add salsa to bell pepper, then drizzle the other 1/2 TSP of Olive Oil, this should fill it to the top!
That’s it, grab a fork or eat like an apple, which can get a little messy!
- 21 grams of Protein
- 42 grams of Carbs
- 10 grams of Fiber
- 7 grams of Sugar
- 17 grams of Fat
This meal is very grounding, filling you with vital life force energy. It also helps keep you focused on the tasks at hand, as you confidently execute your goals.
“I am the creator and designer of my life! I have the confidence to handle whatever comes my way!”